At Torrentopia and Torrentopia Training, we preserve and respect any personal information that you choose to share with us.
- We will only contact you using your personal information if you have given us permission to do so.
- We only use personal information in ways that are necessary and consistent with your expectations. With your agreement, we will keep you informed about our research and policy-changing work, upcoming events, and fundraising efforts.
- If you request that we modify how we use your data, we will act immediately.
- We will never share your personal information outside of Torrentopia and Torrentopia Training for their marketing reasons.
- We take precautions to protect your personal data through secure systems and governance procedures.
You may learn more about our beliefs in our Supporter care charter.
1. How we acquire your personal information
When you communicate with or engage with us, we may gather your personal information. For instance, you may inquire about our work, sign up for our newsletter, make a gift, ask a mental health-related inquiry, or request to download one of our publications. This may occur when you call us, visit our website, email us, or meet us at an event.
2.What kind of information do we gather?
The personally identifiable information we gather may include your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number. For credit/debit card transactions, we use GoCardless and Stripe, together with whatever information you supply in interaction with us.
We collect general information on the use of our websites, such as the most frequently viewed pages and the number of users who have clicked on links in Torrentopia emails. We could use your information to enhance our website.
As with most websites, we employ cookies to provide a personalised experience.
Cookies are little files that websites download to your device in order to recognise it and work optimally for your use. A cookie alone cannot be used to identify a user.
4.How do we utilize your personal data?
We could use your personal details to:
- Maintain communication with you to offer information and ideas on our most recent research, publications, and activities
- Why Send you critical administrative communications, allow us to identify you when you contact us, and preserve our data, including Gift Aid information, in an accurate manner.
- Give you information on our future goals
In order to be able to contact you, we may share your information with our trusted partners and vendors. We ensure that the data is stored securely and deleted when it is no longer required. We will never sell or share your information to a third party for marketing reasons. We will only use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which you provided it.
If obliged to do so by law, we may release your information (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practise or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
5.Who has access to your private information?
Our staff may use your personal information to contact you about our work (with your consent) or to enhance the functionality of our websites and services.
We may share your information with trusted organisations who perform our services on our behalf or on our behalf, such as our website provider. This will only be done for specified data processing reasons, in accordance with stringent data processing constraints. We will never sell or disclose your personal information or information about your use of our websites for marketing purposes with third parties.
We may also be obligated by law to disclose information with regulatory agencies.
6.Your information security measures
We value your assurance that your data is protected.
We have the right safeguards in place to protect your personal information, whether we store it online, electronically, or on paper at our offices. You may be certain that your data is safeguarded against unauthorized access, modifications, and loss. We only retain it for as long as is required (for example, we need to ensure we file records for the collection of Gift Aid).
Our website may contain external link resources. We will only connect to websites that we feel share our privacy values and match our criteria. However, we are not liable for the content or privacy policies of these websites.
According to Payment Card Industry Security Standards, the debit or credit card information we obtain on our website to make contributions or payments is transmitted securely to our payment processing partners GoCardless and Stripe.
7. Alterations to our Privacy Statement